Sunday 24 August 2014

HOLIDAY LOOKBOOK: 3 WAYS TO WEAR.. A PLAYSUIT.. FEAT. GRAFFITI WALL



Whilst I know I probably should be posting my AW14 transitional looks like most other bloggers at the moment, I'm still working on my holiday lookbook! I'm having a fantastic time in South Africa, but I'm also desperate to get back to the new season collections in the UK to update my wardrobe for Autumn! There are so many items coming in, especially coats, with indulgent furs and warm winter pastels ready for the colder months. I can't wait to show you my winter looks, seeing as my outfit posts started in June, in summer weather! Let's just say fur is the operative word...



Anyway! Onto another look, which is my second to last in the series of appreciation posts for one of my favourite brands, Oh My Love London. Yet another gorgeous item, this playsuit is in the same print as the dress from a previous post back at home (see it here) as I loved it so much I had to buy both and take advantage of the crazy sale! I decided to turn this post into a ways to wear, as  unfortunately whilst shooting the look it was too cold to wear it alone. Luckily the sun came out for a few shots so I could showcase the playsuit by itself, but this post also allows me to show just how versatile this piece really is! The print is so fresh and summery, with flecks of different colours - its predominantly blue so I obviously chose blue layers, both a thick-knit jumper and cardigan in turquoise, also bringing in my pink favourites with my handbag and shoes. By pure coincidence when looking for graffiti walls in Braamfontein in Johannesburg, we came across this beautiful wall in a side street, which is more of a mural, but was absolutely perfect for this look thanks to the colour scheme! 

LOOK 1.. THE PLAYSUIT ITSELF

Playsuit - Oh My Love
Heels - Dolce & Gabbana
Necklace - New Look
Rings - Topshop
Bag - Zara




LOOK 2.. CARDIGAN

Cardigan - Jane Norman (bought over 6 years ago!)

I have had this cardigan for so long it could almost be considered vintage (Well, almost). I always get it out over summer as its such a pretty summer colour to brighten up any wardrobe. The most unique part of this piece is the embroidered back, which is the shape of a butterfly - it makes a feature of the outfit!

LOOK 3.. KNITWEAR

Jumper - Topshop

I originally wore this simply as an extra layer before the shoot, however the jumper coordinates well with the playsuit and adds a contrasting texture to the outfit. 

If we'd blinked we could have missed it so easily! So glad we found this by coincidence.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig