Tuesday 12 May 2015

CANDY STRIPES

So last Thursday I officially finished my month-long internship at InStyle magazine, which I can excitedly say was a fantastic experience where I learnt a lot and met some amazing people. I really enjoyed my time in the InStyle fashion cupboard,
where I was heavily involved in call ins, returns and liaising with the fashion brands of the capital, and also got to take part in a video shoot for the website which was fab. During that month however, in a moment of weakness I made a few purchases from ASOS after needing some retail therapy. 

I have to say I'm feeling particularly happy with how these shots have come out, considering I dared to get my stomach out in May! It was a sunny day and I was desperate to get this top into a shoot, which is one of my cheeky ASOS purchases. The candy stripes are so sweet and exactly the style I will be going for in the summer - it is part of a coord with a skirt which I will definitely think about purchasing in the future so I can be a little pink candy stripe over summer. With the side bow tie detailing being what makes the top unique, it required a bralet underneath to add another layer with the temperature just not warm enough yet. Naturally I have quite a choice of items to pair with this pastel pink in my wardrobe, however at the risk of baring too much skin, jeans was the safest option; enter these gorgeously soft white jeans. They are probably 3/4 length on really tall girls, however with me and my little legs they are the perfect length and for once there is no gathering at my ankles, which is my usual problem with jeans. I teamed this look with some of my favourite staple summer accessories: pink sunglasses and strappy heels. This hot pink lipstick is a new purchase from Maybelline's Colorsensational range in 'Power Peony'. Love! 

Jeans - Gap
Necklace - New Look
Sunglasses - River Island
Heels - Dolce & Gabbana 

Feeling extra girly and listening to Katy Perry,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig