Friday 13 June 2014

SUMMER SUN

Summer's here! Well for now at least. Time to get the parasols out and lounge in lighter clothing! I'm excited for the next few months ahead, hopefully in the sunshine. I have many potential plans to organise and of course, outfits to put together! Summer is definitely my favourite time of year, not only because it means losing that S.A.D syndrome and appreciating the increase in vitamin D, but it also means escaping the monotony of choosing the darker colour scheme default setting (mostly black) when getting ready in the morning. Brighter days equals brighter clothes! 

Lilac wrap over skirt: Missguided
White cropped sequin mesh top and pastel necklaces: Topshop
Purple gem necklace: Forever21
Cream/White blazer: H&M
Baby pink perforated handbag: Zara
Pink cat-eye sunglasses and various midi rings: River Island
Baby Pink leather cleated wedges: Kurt Geiger



Today's OOTD is perfect for a shopping trip in the sunshine, as the blazer adds some structure to a relaxed outfit hiding beneath. A blazer is definitely the easiest way to smarten up a look. It could be the difference between day and evening wear, from casual to smart. (Not that I often do casual) It's also the lighter option as opposed to carrying a more heavy duty coat. My lilac wrap over skirt is a recent adored purchase from Missguided and suits my colour obsession for the season! It is complemented by the subtle pink in my new perforated pink Zara handbag. This is the perfect accessory for the season, as its big enough to carry all my worldly items I throw into a bag for a day out, but it just does it the stylish way. The bag was my first choice in a long line of options at Zara - they have every shape, size and colour you could want for every clothing possibility. I bought the pink cat-eye sunglasses last week at River Island as an elegant option when deciding on eyewear for the day. I have been waiting for the chance to wear these AMAZING pink cleated wedges since I opened them on Christmas day. I may have taken them away on holiday with me, but they weren't given the justice they deserve. These will definitely be another over worn item over the next few months!

I'm also one to always make sure that my makeup coordinates with my colour palette. I love a bright lip to make an outfit pop. So bright pink is the order of the day!



Although it may be Friday the 13th, let's think positive - its a lucky day, plus THANK GOD its Friday!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig