Sunday 22 June 2014

MY INSTAWEEK

Massive apologies for a complete lack in posts this week, however I have spent the last few days on a girly trip to Anglesey with friends so I didn't have time to update my blog. Updates were on my Instagram (see the link in my sidebar) as to my whereabouts and my daily outfits. My looks were considerably toned down and relaxed compared to my usual style; heels weren't really appropriate footwear for the beach or the zoo, so it wasn't a very glamourous affair. Surprise surprise, I was wearing flats!! (insert shocked face) If you didn't manage to catch this, here are a few images: My instaweek...
















Two outfits from my trip. I'm pretty obsessed with pastels at the moment, if it wasn't obvious! My playsuit from Forever 21 above is so easy to throw on and wear to wander around in the sunshine. Luckily I managed not to drop any ice cream on it! I was wary styling wise, as due to the material and print, it could have resembled pyjamas. On our second day we went to the Welsh mountain zoo, so taking precautions we layered up. This is where I wore my Missguided tasselled top underneath a thin knit jumper from Topshop - I recently rediscovered my lilac jeans which I bought last year - they're so comfy and light enough for summer weather with a slight breeze!

Picture 1:
Lilac playsuit: Forever21
Blue Cardigan: Jane Norman (many MANY years ago) 
Necklace: Dorothy perkins
Sunglasses: River Island
Handbag: Zara

Picture 2: 
Blue Jumper and Lilac Jeans: Topshop
Tassled cami: Missguided
Necklace: Forever21


Yesterday I visited a local parade/fair (shameless selfies I know) - it was easier to wear flip flops to this event as once again heels weren't necessary. Going with the current festival vibe, I wore a floral pastel blue top, along with a floral head piece and uncomplicated jewellery to accessorise, keeping it simple. It was a lovely day so no layers were needed!

Blue floral top: Oasis
White skirt: Topshop
Necklace: Tiffany&Co
Headband: Accessorize 
SKATERS AND SPARKLES...

Without further ado: Today's outfit post! With the consistently warm weather and the sun managing to stay out, family barbecue season is reignited. I wanted to get back into my glamorous normality. This is slightly difficult for me today as the hay fever is raging so I'm feeling a little under the weather/puffy. But no matter - the show must go on! 

Through no fault of my own, my outfit posts so far have not included my favourite skirt shape: the skater skirt. I have a range of these skirts in many colours for different occasions - they're particularly flattering for my body shape and the flared a-line creates that girly playful look that I often aim to achieve. American Apparel seem to be the pros at offering them in a variety of colours, materials and long lasting quality - I have so far purchased both the blue and lilac denim - today's post features the latter!  The pastel colour works well with the gems in my new Miss Selfridge purchase - this white embellished shell top - the magpie within me was automatically attracted when I saw it in store; it just had to be added to my bejewelled collection! This top is also available with Pink gems (link here), however I chose the baby blue version as there are so many styling possibilities with this colour. My pink strappy heels and handbag have reappeared - its only realistic to wear them again and again - they deserve to be shown off!




White embellished shell top: Miss Selfridge
Lilac skater skirt: American Apparel
Pink Shoes: Dolce & Gabbana
Pink Handbag: Zara
Necklace and Earrings: Dorothy Perkins
Ring: Topshop


































Hopefully this hay fever will go away soon, so I can feel myself again! 

SHARE:

2 comments

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig