Sunday 15 June 2014

RAINY DAY BLUES

Bad weather shouldn't have to mean settling for an easy, scruffy outfit choice. Its an opportunity. An outfit on a rainy day could be something easy, but it can be sleek with the comfort you're looking for at the same time. 

For me, this comes in the form of a loose fitting pair of cropped ripped jeans. I was quite apprehensive when trying this style, as jeans aren't often my favourite item to wear. I found this light blue ripped pair at River Island, which I absolutely adore. The cut is a current popular trend which I thought I would tap into and are the most comfortable pair I own. They are such a soft material and the folded turn ups are an extremely flattering style. 

Powder blue cami: Miss Selfridge
Black jewelled necklace and sunglasses: Topshop
Light blue ripped jeans: River Island
Cardigan: Guess Jeans
Black strappy heels: Steve Madden
Black leather handbag: Anya Hindmarch (another steal from mum's wardrobe) 
I also wanted to showcase a new purchase! I was searching for some versatile strappy black heels that would work for both winter and summer. I came across this elegant patent pair of Steve Maddens. They're perfect! With matching black accessories (handbag, necklace, sunglasses) I was onto a winner; a refined outfit for a rainy day which takes no effort to put together. They're super elegant which not only makes my ankles look more dainty, but are an equally attractive style for my legs. There are a vast range of strappy styles across the high street in a variety of colours, from neon to pastel, but for me black is the easiest to match with my wardrobe. Thats not to say I won't experiment with colour in the future! Pink is still my favourite. 




I like experimenting with my style. Life's too short to stick to the same old looks - get reinventing yourself! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig