Saturday 11 October 2014

THE WINDY CITY

Although this look was shot around 30 minutes after the look in my previous post, mother nature suddenly decided to send relentless torrents of wind my way; which does absolute wonders for my hair, especially with a fringe (not.) I might as well have been Calamity Jane in Chicago, singing her infamous song. It may be mighty pretty but a 'strong breeze' is not helpful when a fresh coat of lip gloss has been applied and you're trying to look mildly presentable! 

Moaning aside, after a few hair and face disasters I got my act together and Serah could actually shoot the look! My turquoise coat has risen from the wardrobe once more, this time to be combined with every blue in the colour spectrum. My handbag was a summer bargain which I actually haven't had chance to make proper use of, but is a perfect autumn-winter transitional accessory which I will be taking out more often! Winter florals are popular for the colder season, so this top is ideal for styling with darker colours and adding a bit of brightness. Jeans are always best in this kind of weather, when you don't fancy your skirt gaining a mind of its own and revealing your favourite knickers to the world. These are especially warm and form-fitting, also allowing me to show off yet another pair of winter heels - the cleated wedge is definitely this season's ideal choice; a bit of grip is vital with wind and rain being forever on the forecast. 

Coat - Zara
Top - Miss Selfridge
Jeans - River Island
Necklace - New Look 
Ring - vintage
Handbag - M&S
Heels - Kurt Geiger

Look at the concentration in that face! Wind clearly removes all integrity. 

P.S Don't forget to check out Serah's blog www.serah-de-fashix.com 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig